The Tobacco Institute of India (TII) is a representative body of farmers, manufacturers, exporters and ancillaries of the cigarettes’ segment of the tobacco industry in India, whose members account for more than 98% of the country’s domestic sales of duty paid cigarettes. The Institute is recognized as a repository of reliable information on the industry and is privileged to be consulted by Government, Parliamentary Committees, Chambers of Commerce/Trade Associations and Media for information and policy recommendations on Tobacco issues.
As an organization, TII has always supported evidence-based, equitable, reasonable & implementable regulation and recognizes the need to create greater awareness regarding tobacco consumption in India.
TII is a member of the following International and Indian organizations:
- International Tobacco Growers’ Association (ITGA)
- International Tobacco Documentation Centre, UK
- Tobacco Merchants’ Association (TMA), USA
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI)
- Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ICCI)
- Federation of Andhra Pradesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FAPCCI)
- Chambers of Commerce: Andhra, Karnataka & Maharashtra